The Order of the Daughters of the King® is an order for women who are communicants of the Episcopal Church, churches in communion with it, or churches in the historic episcopate but not in communion with it. Today our membership includes women in the Anglican, Episcopal, Lutheran (ELCA) and Roman Catholic churches. The Order was founded in 1885 by Margaret J. Franklin at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in New York City (now the Church of the Resurrection). Our Anglican tradition includes episcopal oversight, recognizes that Holy Scripture contains all things necessary for salvation, acknowledges the gift of the Holy Spirit in Baptism, the real presence of our Lord in the Holy Eucharist, and worship according to The Book of Common Prayer.
Our Symbol is the Cross
Magnamiter Crucem Sustine
"With heart, mind and spirit uphold and bear the cross"
For His Sake